Create Cute Ladybug Balloons
Use colorful balloons to create ladybugs with these simple instructions.
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- Latex balloons – red and assorted colors
- 12” craft pipe cleaners
- Glitter pens
- Inflate a balloon of desired color to about 9” and attach a ribbon to secure the balloon to a table or chair while working.
- Twist six, 12” craft pipe cleaners together to create three, 24” pipe cleaners.
- Lay the pipe cleaners across the middle of the balloon and secure with tape.
- Form the pipe cleaners around the balloon, spread them apart, then bend the ends upward.
- When you flip the balloon over, it should stand on the pipe cleaners – now your ladybug has legs!
- Bend the very ends of the legs to create feet.
- Cut off the ribbon, being careful not to puncture the balloon.
- The knot in the neck of the balloon will be the nose. Draw the rest of the face with markers or glitter pens, and decorate with spots to create your ladybug.
Have fun with the colors and create your own special kind of ladybug!
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.