Host a Game Night – from Ring Toss to Balloon Kites
Are you looking for a fun and simple way to entertain your family, but don’t want the hassle or expense of traveling to an amusement park or buying a bunch of pre-made games? Use these ideas to engage your group – from kindergartner to grandparent – and turn your next gathering into a memorable one.
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- Latex balloons – assorted colors and sizes
- Weights for balloons
- Quilting hoops
- Hula hoops
- Black permanent marker
- Paper crepe streamers – assorted colors
Instructions for Ring Toss:
- Inflate balloons of all sizes with your Balloon Time Helium Tank, and attach weights using varying lengths of ribbon to hold balloons in place.
- Scatter balloons throughout the playing area and determine the starting toss point.
- Using quilting hoops, or hula hoops in a bigger space, players will take turns trying to toss rings over balloons.
- To make the game more interesting, use a marker to assign point values to different sizes or colors of balloons.
Instructions for Balloon Kites:
- Inflate four balloons and tie together all four necks.
- Attach colorful streamers to the underside of the balloon bundle using tape.
- Tie a long piece of sturdy string to one of the balloon’s combined necks.
- Wait for the wind to blow, and let your homemade kite fly!
Instructions for Balloon Word Scramble:
- Add a new twist to this educational game by including balloons! Decide on a list of words and phrases with appropriate levels of difficulty based on players.
- Inflate one balloon per letter of a chosen word, or word of a chosen phrase. Write the letter or word on each balloon using a permanent marker.
- Tie ribbon to each balloon so they float on the ceiling. Make the ribbons short enough so younger children have to stretch or hop to grab them, but long enough so they can be reached relatively easily. Scatter the letters and words around the room. If you’re playing outdoors, use weights to keep balloons secure.
- Split players into teams and have them work together to solve. Take turns once the scramble is solved.
- Please discard broken balloons immediately.
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.