Create Beautiful Butterfly Balloon Party Decorations
Use colorful balloons to create butterflies with these simple instructions. This is a great decoration that doubles as a craft for party guests.
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- Latex balloons – assorted colors
- 12” craft pipe cleaners
- Select four balloons of desired colors.
- Inflate two balloons to about 9”. Then tie them together at the necks.
- Inflate the other two balloons slightly smaller than 9”. Then tie them together at the necks.
- Twist the two pairs of balloons together.
- Take three, 12” craft pipe cleaners and twist them together at the bottom.
- Make a loop in the top of the center pipe cleaner. This will be the head and the other two will be the antennae.
- Twist the antennae around the “neck” of the butterfly, and bend to shape.
- Hold the balloon cluster so the larger balloons are on the top, and weave the bottom end of the three pipe cleaners in between the large balloons and out between the small balloons.
- Take one last pipe cleaner and twist it around a pencil to shape it into a spiral.
- Hook the spiraled pipe cleaner around the butterfly’s body at the top and the bottom.
The beauty of this activity is each person can create a unique butterfly by choosing different color balloons.
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.