DIY Birthday in a Box for your BFF
Photos byDIY Project, Styling + Text by
There are few things I love more than a good gift basket. They’re filled with so many fun goodies and surprises, you just never know what’s hiding inside! Now how about making one chock FULL of birthday goodies for your BFF? We put together an easy (but AWESOME!) birthday in a box, complete with cute printable notes and topped with mini helium-balloons that float out as she opens it. Yep, the party has officially arrived.
This gift could be adapted for any birthday. For a golden birthday, you can choose all gold items and fill the box with shredded mylar. Or for a 30th birthday, go with a funny “adulting” or “throwback” theme. Perhaps your friend loves the beach. Go with a beach-y color palette and cute sunglasses pin or patch. Get creative!
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- Gift box
- Printable birthday box notes
- 5-inch latex balloons
- Coffe mug
- Dessert, treat or candy
- Pin, patch or other flair
- Nail polish
- Confetti popper
- Mini bottle of champagne
- Tissue paper/Mylar/other packaging material
- Print and cut out the notes for your birthday box.
- Tie or tape each note to it’s corresponding gift item.
- Fill the bottom of your box with tissue or other decorative packing material.
- Place each item in the box starting with the last (champagne) on the bottom and working your way up.
- Inflate several of your mini balloons with helium and tie with ribbon.
- Tape the balloon ribbons to the inside of the box.
- Close the box, stuffing the balloons inside, on top of all the other gifts. Add the final “Open Me!” tag to the top and deliver to your BFF!
Is your BFF celebrating something else entirely? You could DIY your own notes and gift her this for a big promotion at work, if they’re moving or if they’re headed off to college. The options are endless and she’ll LOVE it, no matter the occasion.
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.