Turn your Child’s Favorite Book into a Birthday Fantasy
We’re all looking for ways to provide memorable birthday parties for our children without breaking the bank. Bring characters to life with this unique way to celebrate their special day. We made sure to include tips for money-minded hosts, too.
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- Latex balloons – assorted colors
- Your child’s favorite book
- Poster board
- Construction paper
- Photo cake – optional
- Photograph of the cover of your child’s favorite book to use for invitations. Replace a word in the title with their name, if applicable. Add party details in the empty margins around the edge of the cover, and ask the guests to come dressed as a favorite character from the selected book.
- Decorate the party room with more images of the cover and any illustrations throughout the book. Cut out and tape copies of the illustrated characters onto inflated balloons so they float around the room.
- Create a banner of a popular phrase in the book using plain paper and hang phrases on a wall.
- Reproduce items or scenes from the story using construction paper, poster board and markers.
- For entertainment, read lines out of the book and have kids guess which character is talking.
- Ask trivia questions about the book and have teams race to answer.
- Have groups act out different scenes from the book, giving lines and parts to every guest.
- Before the party, have a local bakery make a photo cake of the book cover.
As a party favor to send home with guests, allow the children to recreate the book cover with their own names using construction paper and markers. When they’re done, have kids pose with their book covers.
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.