DIY Balloon Wishes for the Bride to Be
DIY Project, Styling and Text by Studio DIY
Photos by Mary Costa Photography
A bridal shower wouldn’t be complete without a fun game for guests, but how about one that lasts long after the shower gifts are opened? Set up a balloon wishes bar and invite guests to write special messages for the bride to read on her wedding day. It’s the perfect bridal shower activity and makes for beautiful moments on the big day, too. (Cue the tears!)
For the bridal shower:
- Latex balloons
- Dry erase or permanent markers
- Large bulldog clips
For the wedding day:
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- Deflated balloons from the shower
- String or ribbon
Instructions for the Bridal Shower:
- At the bridal shower, set up a balloon bar with various balloons (in the wedding color palette), markers and bulldog clips. If you’re able to find dry erase markers in your color palette, they are the best option as they are more resilient on balloons.
- Place instructions on the bar telling guests to blow up a balloon, temporarily secure the tail with a bulldog clip (so it doesn’t deflate) and write a special message for the bride on it.
- Then, they’ll need to deflate the balloon and leave it in the hands of the bridesmaids!
- After the shower ends, the bridesmaids or shower hosts will collect the balloons and save them for the wedding day.
Instructions for the Wedding Day:
- On the day of the wedding, inflate the balloons with the Balloon Time Helium Tank and tie each with string or ribbon.
- Tie the balloons to weights or simply place them around the bridal suite. You can tie them to the bride’s makeup chair, the hotel bed, the bridal party breakfast table, chairs… anywhere in the room where the bride will be getting ready.
On her big day, she’ll read the well wishes, jokes and other thoughts from the most important ladies in her life!
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.