DIY Beach Ball Balloons
DIY Projects, Styling and Text by Studio DIY
Photos by Mary Costa Photography
Video by Jenner Brown
This project is part of the “Ready, Set, Splash!” pool party series.
How about some beach balls that float? These balloons are channeling their inflatable cousins with just a little paint, and they’re perfect when tied to each guest’s chair at a party. Watch the how to video and get the supplies list and instructions below:
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- 17” round, white latex balloons
- Paint in the color of your choice
- Fishing line or ribbon
- Clear shipping tape (optional)
- Inflate your balloons with helium, and tie each with fishing line or ribbon.
- On the end opposite the tail of the balloon, paint a circle about 4 inches in diameter.
- From that, you’ll need to divide the balloon into six even sections, just like a beach ball. Use paint to outline each section. Once you have the sections even in size, fill in three of them with the paint (leaving the other ones white). You may need to do this one section at a time so you can hold onto the balloon more easily while painting (otherwise, you may end up covered in paint).
- To get the beach balls to float sideways, with the circle slightly off center, untie the string from the knot and tape it to the center of one of the white sections of the balloon. And there you have it, floating beach balls!
Get more DIY ideas for hosting an indoor pool party, including:
Share your DIY Beach Ball Balloons photos with us on Facebook! We can’t wait to see them.
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.