A Magical Birthday Party
If throwing the perfect party was as easy as waving a wand and saying “abracadabra” we’d miss out on all the DIY fun that comes with it! If you’re looking for the perfect way to add a little magic to your next party and get creative in the process, we’ve got just the party idea! From snacks and wands to party favors and decorations, this is a super cute way to say “Happy Birthday” to the little (or big) magician in your life.
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- Red and white latex balloons
- Black cardboard
- Colored craft paper
- Double-sided tape
- Red ribbon
- Red polka dot ribbon
- Decks of playing cards
- Red twine
- Hole punch
- Gold paper favor bags & sweets for inside
- Magic Wands & Magic Party Photo Booth Props Kit (both from Amazon)
Playing Card Photo Booth
- Take hole punch & playing cards, and punch holes in top left and top right corners of cards.
- Thread a long piece of red twine through the holes and spread the cards out along the length.
- Hang up on the wall with tape. Repeat as many times as you like!
- Inflate balloons using your Balloon Time Helium Tank.
- Add ribbon and place around photo booth area and party space.
Rabbit In The Hat
- To make your top hat, start by cutting a rectangle out of your black cardboard.
- Bend the cardboard around until both ends meet, and stick together with tape to form a cylinder shape.
- Cut a circle from your cardboard that’s around 1 – 2 inches wider than your cylinder.
- Tape the two together to form your top hat and fasten a length of red ribbon to the base.
- Now for the bunny! Fill a white balloon a little more than halfway using your Balloon Time helium tank.
- Using tape and glue, decorate with bunny ears, eyes, nose and whiskers.
- Fasten bunny balloon to the top hat using double-sided tape.
Party Favor Bags
- Cut small lengths of ribbon leftover from your balloon tails.
- Grab a gold paper bag, a playing card and a piece of ribbon, and staple the ribbon and the playing card to the bag as shown.
- Fill with yummy candy and repeat as many times as needed to ensure each of your guests can take one home to enjoy! (And maybe a few more for yourself!)
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.