Pucker Up Dessert Bar + Printable Coasters
DIY Projects, Styling and Text by Studio DIY
Photos by Mary Costa Photography
THIS PROJECT IS PART OF THE PUCKER UP! VALENTINE’S DAY PARTY SERIES.
Every Valentine’s Day bash deserves some sugar. Instead of a dessert bar with traditional one-bite sweets, try offering several different cake flavors. Decorate each with a different “kiss” for an extra special touch. Use wax lips, sour lip candy, die-cut lips or even stencil kisses right on the cake!
Here’s how to create your own stenciled kiss cake.
- Edible pearl dust
- New (never used) paintbrush
- Chilled plain frosted cake (keep in the fridge until it’s time to decorate)
- Kiss stencil
- To create the stencil, sketch out a lip shape on thick card stock and cut it out using a craft knife.
- Lightly lay the stencil over your cake.
- Dip your brush in the pearl dust and carefully “paint” over the stencil.
- Remove the stencil and repeat as desired.
Pair pretty bottled beverages or champagne cocktails with these free printable “Pucker Up!” coasters and add red and pink foil balloons for your backdrop.
Complete your Pucker Up! Valentine’s Day Party with:
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.