New Year’s Eve Fortune Balloons
DIY Project, Styling, Text and Photos by Confetti Sunshine
A New Year’s Eve party is the perfect place for guests to mingle and reflect on the past year. We all wish for good fortune for the New Year, so why not give your party guests fun, fortune-filled balloons to pop at midnight? They’re easy to make and double as a great party decoration.
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- Variety of colorful latex balloons
- Printable paper fortunes
- Small paint brush (I used a foam brush)
- Small star confetti
- Tissue tassels
- First, print and cut out your New Year’s Eve fortunes. You can choose from our free printable selection (click here) or make you own.
- Next, stuff a fortune into each balloon. Fill each balloon with helium using your Balloon Time Helium Tank.
- Tie string and a tissue tassel onto your balloon.
- Then, use your brush to apply a small layer of glue onto your balloon. Sprinkle some small star confetti over the glue and let the glue dry. Add some more glue and confetti onto different areas of the balloon.
Just before midnight, hand out the fortune-filled balloons to adults along with sewing needles. When the clock strikes 12, have guests pop their balloon to get their fortune for the New Year!
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.