DIY Pumpkin Pie Balloon Weights
Pumpkin pie is everyone’s favorite part of the meal, right? Make cute pumpkin pie balloon weights to weigh down your balloons on your table or around your home.
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- Craft clay in white, tan and orange
- Latex balloons
- Ruler or other straight edge
- Make a wedge shape out of orange clay using your hands. If you need help making the edges straight, try using a ruler.
- Roll out the tan clay and place the orange wedge on top. Use a ruler or other straight edge to cut the tan alongside the orange wedge, making the bottom crust. Form a separate piece of tan clay for the back of the pie, using your fingers to make a scalloped edge along the top.
- Roll a piece of white clay into a long snake shape. Wrap it into a whipped cream shape, leaving a space in the middle to create the hole for you ribbon.
- Press the whipped cream shape on top of the wedge of pie.
- Stick a straw through the whipped cream and all the way through the pie until it comes out the bottom, then pull it back out. This will make the hole so you can attach your balloons.
- Let the clay dry completely according to package instructions.
- Run the ribbons on the balloons through the hole and tie a knot to secure.
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.