DIY Halloween Costumes with Balloons
Birthday Girl and Birthday Candle Duo Costume
Costumes and Styling by Studio DIY
Photos by Mary Costa Photography
Hair and Makeup by Katy for PAGE Beauty
This project is part of the DIY Halloween Costumes with Balloons Series.
The perfect mother-daughter Halloween costume for a color-loving duo: a birthday girl and her birthday candle!
Birthday Girl Supplies:
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- Birthday party outfit
- Latex balloons in desired colors
- Fishing line
Birthday Candle Supplies:
- Striped outfit (jumpsuits and maxi dresses work well)
- Gold curve balloon (I used a 15”, found here, which does not float, but you can use a larger version that will float with helium.)
- Bobby pins
- Fill the latex balloons with your Balloon Time Helium Tank and tie with fishing line. With the party outfit on, the birthday girl is ready to go!
- Fill the gold curve balloon with air.
- Put on your striped outfit.
- Then, secure the balloon to the back of your head with the bobby pins.
Carry around presents or a cupcake for props, if desired, and you’re ready!
Check out these other easy-to-make costumes with balloons, including Ray of Sunshine, Pop Art, Roller Disco, Love is in the Air and more.
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.