Recycling Empty Tanks
Step-by-Step Recycling Instructions
When your tank is completely empty, make sure you have all supplies needed, and follow these steps to recycle.
- Flat-head screwdriver
- Protective gloves and eyewear
- Permanent marker
Download Printable Instructions (PDF)
- Fully open the green valve by turning counter-clockwise until it stops.
- Push down on the black tilt nozzle until hissing sound stops to release all pressure.
- Remove the tilt nozzle by turning the white valve nut counter-clockwise.
- Your Balloon Time tank should now look like this.
- Put on protective gloves and eyewear. Using a hammer and flat-head screwdriver, puncture the side of the small relief disc on the back of the shoulder, and pry open. You may have to puncture the ring in a few places around the disc to fully remove.
- Remove the disc by hand. Edges may be sharp, so wear gloves and use caution.
- Circle the open hole and write “Empty” on the tank. Dispose of with other recyclables.
Curbside pick-up may be available in your area. Contact your local waste authority to see if they accept steel.