Hometown Hero Contest Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1. Balloon Time, “Company,” is not responsible for lost, late, garbled or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Company cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Company is not responsible for any technological malfunction or human error relating to the Contest.
3. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket-related prize, Company, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
4. Each winner will be notified by email or phone. Before claiming any prize, winner must provide his/her correct name, contact information, proof of residency and proof of participation in charitable work to Company at the time of notification. Each winner must sign or digitally agree to a photo release and affidavit of eligibility at the time he/she accepts the award. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Company reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
5. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or refuses to sign the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and, time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner with the next highest score, as determined by the judges in their sole and absolute discretion. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be determined, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Company.
6. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Company. The Company has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
7. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
8. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90-day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
9. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
10. The Company, Sponsor(s), and Prize Provider(s) accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
11. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available on the Company’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Company at the following address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
ATTN: Balloon Time Contest
Worthington Cylinder Corporation
200 W. Old Wilson Bridge Rd
Worthington, OH 43085
12. The Company has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by Company shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Company reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Company reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if, in Company’s sole determination, it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Company’s control.