DIY Bubblegum Costume
What can you do with a bunch of pink balloons and a dress!? Make yourself a bubblegum costume for Halloween this year! This costume hits hard on the nostalgia factor (who didn’t love bubblegum as a kid!?), plus it’s easy to put together and so fun to wear. Pop to it!
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- Pink dress
- White felt
- Metallic silver ribbon
- Needle and thread
- Temporary hem tape
- Pink balloons in a variety of sizes
- Silver ribbon
- Cut out letters to spell “bubblegum” from white felt. You can hand-draw your own, or print out a favorite font (try a bubble font) as a template.
- You can attach the letters to the dress one of two ways. You can use a needle and thread to tack on each letter. Alternatively, you can cut strips of hem tape and adhere it to the back of the felt letter, than peel off the backing and adhere to the dress.
- Use either method above to attach silver ribbon to the bottom and sleeves of your dress. Start in the back so the ribbon “seam” is on the back side of the dress!
- Blow up a variety of small balloons with air and tie with a knot. For the most durability, stitch through the tail of each balloon with your needle and thread to attach it to the dress.
- Inflate larger balloons using the Balloon Time Helium Tank and tie with silver ribbon. Tie the balloons to your wrist or just carry the bouquet with you to complete your costume!
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.