Filling and Float Time
How do I know when the balloon is inflated to the correct size?
- The latex balloons in our kits are designed to be 9 inches in diameter when filled. Please refer to the size chart on the carton. Properly filled latex balloons should have a rounded appearance. Balloons shaped like light bulbs or pear-shaped balloons are overfilled. If balloons have more helium in them than they were designed to hold, they may pop. Overfilling balloons or using larger balloons will take more helium and yield less overall balloons.
Can I use Balloon Time to inflate foil/Mylar balloons?
- Yes, you can inflate foil/Mylar balloons with the Balloon Time Helium Tank. However, keep in mind that foil balloons generally are larger and require more helium than latex balloons. Therefore, you may not be able to fill as many balloons as the total stated on the box. Please note that higher altitudes greatly affect the ability for foil balloons to float.
Does the kit include enough ribbon for all of the balloons?
- Recommended ribbon length per balloon is 48 inches. The Balloon Time Standard Helium Kit provides 48 inches of ribbon per balloon. The Jumbo Helium Kit provides 57 inches of ribbon per balloon. For best results, we suggest trimming the ribbon into 4-foot strips; one for each balloon.
How long will balloons float?
- Research shows average float time is 5-7 hours. Float time can vary significantly based on the level of inflation (under inflation, regular inflation, or over inflation), size of balloon (9-inch, 11-inch, 18-inch), and external factors such as temperature and altitude. Balloons float longer in colder temperatures. We recommend inflating balloons 1-2 hours prior to the event for the best results.
What can I do to make latex balloons float longer?
- There are a few things you can do to help extend float time. First, be sure to tie a tight knot in the neck of the balloon. The balloons included in the Balloon Time kit have extra-long necks for easier tying. If you are attaching ribbons to the balloons, be sure to tie the ribbon below the knot. For special occasions that require prolonged float time, you can also purchase and add ULTRA HI-FLOAT® product to your latex balloons. This is sold separately at party stores.
How to tie ribbon on a latex balloon
How to tie ribbon on a foil balloon
Note: some Balloon Time products are filled with a mixture of helium and air with not less than 80% helium. Cartons are clearly marked.