Warnings and Precautions
Before using Balloon Time Helium Tanks, please familiarize yourself with the following warnings. These warnings can also be found on the product carton. Visit our How To section for more details on using our products.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Balloons represent a possible choking hazard.
- Children under eight years can choke or suffocate on uninflated or broken balloons. Adult supervision is required. Keep uninflated balloons away from children. Discard broken balloons immediately.
Do not place nozzle in mouth or nose for any reason.
- Doing so can damage lungs and other body parts, which can result in serious personal injury or death. The cylinder contains compressed helium under pressure.
Do not inhale helium. Use only in a well ventilated area. Never use in closed spaces.
- Helium reduces and can eliminate oxygen available for breathing. Inhaling helium can result in serious personal injury or death.
Do not refill with any material.
- This is a non-refillable cylinder. This could result in violent bursting of the cylinder resulting in serious personal injury or death.
Do not store in damp areas.
- This can cause the cylinder to rust. Rusting of the cylinder can result in a violent bursting of the cylinder resulting in serious personal injury or death.
Never expose the cylinder to direct heat or fire.
- Exposure to those conditions could result in the operation of the pressure relief device, which will result in a sudden discharge of pressure from the cylinder, resulting in serious personal injury or death.
Do not mistreat the tank by dropping on sharp or pointed surfaces.
- This could puncture the tank causing a sudden release of the contents resulting in serious injury or death.
Some balloons are made of natural rubber latex, which may cause allergic reactions.
Do not release balloons in free flight. Please respect the environment.
For more information on helium gas, refer to the Balloon Time Helium SDS (PDF).
Note: some Balloon Time products are filled with a mixture of helium and air with no less than 80 percent helium. Cartons are clearly marked.