DIY Clock Balloon Décor for
New Year’s Eve
DIY Projects, Styling and Text by Studio DIY
Photos by Mary Costa Photography
Up your New Year’s Eve party décor with these simple DIY balloon clocks.
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- Round foil/Mylar balloons
- Vinyl number stickers (found at an office supply store)
- Gold glitter cardstock
- Masking tape or glue dots
- Twine, string or ribbon
- Inflate the foil balloons using your Balloon Time Helium Tank. Tie the tail with string.
- Cut out two arrow shapes (to be the clock’s hands) and one small circle from the gold glitter paper.
- Adhere the stickers around the balloon to form the clock’s numbers. To keep the number spacing even, I recommend starting with the 12 at the top followed by the 6 at the bottom. Then add the 3 and 9 on their respective sides and fill in the other numbers in between.
- Tape the end of the minute hand to the center of the balloon, pointing in-between the 11 and 12 (almost midnight!). Place the hour hand on top, pointing at the 12. Finally, put the circle on top, covering the base of the hands.
Display these along with latex balloons or other foil balloons for a great New Year’s photo backdrop or food/bar backdrop. Cheers to the New Year!
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.