DIY Oscar Party Balloon Awards
DIY, Styling and Text by Studio DIY
Photos by Mary Costa
Just because you aren’t gracing the Oscar red carpet doesn’t mean you should miss out on the fun. This year, invite your friends over for a glamorous viewing of the Academy Awards and ask them to dress in their paparazzi-worthy best. Then, whip up these balloon awards for your favorite ensembles, manis, shoes and more! It’s almost as good as the real thing. Almost!
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- White latex balloons
- Gold paint marker
- Fishing line, ribbon or other trim
- Mylar shreds/fringe curtain (cut up)
- Mini Oscar statues (from a party supply store or Amazon)
- Inflate balloons with the Balloon Time Helium Tank and tie with fishing line or other string.
- Use the paint marker to write various awards on the balloons. A few ideas include: Best Dressed, Best Hair, Best Duo, Best Mani, Best Shoes, Best Bling and Most Daring. Let dry completely.
- For an extra bit of metallic fun, grab a few strands of Mylar shreds (typically sold at party supply stores in the gift wrapping section) and pinch together. Tie with fishing line or other string, and then tie onto the balloon.
- Tie the other end of your string to a mini Oscar statue. Set them all on a table and get ready for your very own awards ceremony, after watching the real red carpet of course.
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.