This game is a great exercise in teamwork, trust and communication.
1. Designate an area of the yard to be the "minefield."
2. Divide the players into teams of 2.
3. Write each team's name on 3 flags. (Tape a piece of paper to the end of a straw or stick to make a flag.)
4. Inflate helium balloons and attach ribbon and a weight.
5. Scatter the balloons and stick the flags into the ground throughout the minefield.
Each team then chooses a guide. The guide will stand at the far end of
the balloon minefield and guide their blindfolded team member to their
7. If the blindfolded team member touches a balloon along
the way, he/she has to stick all the flags he/she has collected at that
point back into the ground, go back to the other side of the minefield
and start over.
The team whose flag-collector is first to collect
all 3 of its flags and make it across the minefield to their guide is