Create Retro Invitations for your
Over the Hill Party
This project is part of the Retro Party for Adults series.
Start off your Over the Hill party with these fun DIY retro invitations. Customize invites to match your party’s theme and stir up some nostalgia for guests!
- Old photos of the guest(s) of honor
- Craft paper
- Choose an era for your theme party. It doesn’t need to be the era when the guest(s) of honor was born; it could be the era in which they grew up, went to high school, or got married.
- Choose your favorite photo of the guest(s) of honor taken during the era. Make color copies and glue them onto craft paper.
- Alternatively, if you don’t have access to photos, you can dig up an old newspaper article on the internet of something significant that happened during the era and base your invitation on that.
- Write party details in margins around the picture, and encourage guests to come dressed in clothing that was popular during that era. For example, if it’s a 70s party, expect to see floral print dresses, paisley shirts, and bell bottoms.
Check out our other tips to complete your Retro Party theme: Decorations and Games & Activities.
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.