DIY Summer Party Planning Project
Ice Cream Cone Balloon Weights
DIY Project, Styling and Text by Studio DIY
Photos by Mary Costa Photography
Outdoor summer parties are something to look forward to all winter long. But, when balloons are part of the party décor or party favors for the little ones, we all know what can happen. Up, up and away!
Make your own balloon weights to keep your festive decorations in place while adding a touch of whimsy. DIY ice cream cone balloon weights are fun, functional, customizable and almost good enough to eat. They also make a perfect party favor long after the balloons are gone.
Find out how to make your own ice cream cone balloon weights and let the summer fun begin.
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- Ice Cream Cone Cookie Cutter
- Paint brush
- Air Dry Clay (found at art stores)
- Knead and flatten the clay into a disk, about 1/2”-3/4” thick. Press the cookie cutter into the clay and remove the ice cream cone shape. Repeat to create as many balloon weights as you’d like for your party.
- Next, with the end of your paint brush, poke a hole through the top of the cone (for the string to go through), then let your shapes dry completely. Be sure to check the packaging for drying times.
- Once dry, paint your cones. You can customize the design to fit a specific party theme or your own personal style.
- Inflate the balloons with your Balloon Time Helium Tank and tie the string through the hole in the top of the cone. The last task is to display them at your party or hand out as favors!
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.