DIY Giant Balloon Numbers for New Year’s Eve
DIY Projects, Styling and Text by Studio DIY
Photos by Mary Costa Photography
This project is part of The Ultimate New Year’s Eve Party Series.
Wow guests from the start by spelling out the year in balloons at your party’s entrance! This makes a huge impact, and is easy to create if you have a partner in balloon-crafting crime!
- Approximately 40 9” Balloons
- One Jumbo Balloon Time Helium Tank or Two Standard Balloon Time Helium Tanks
- Fishing Line
- Clear Tape
- Blow up all of your balloons with helium and tie each with a long line of fishing line. I recommend sketching out your balloon numbers first so you have a plan! Then, begin building your first number. It is always best to start from the bottom of the number and work your way up. Tape your first balloon to the floor. If you are working sideways (for the bottom of a two, for example) you’ll tape the balloons side by side. If you are working upwards, you’ll tape each balloon slightly behind the last.
- It is best to have someone standing back to tell you just where to place each balloon. If this isn’t possible, I recommend taping your balloons down for one entire number, then stepping back and adjusting from there.
- Repeat these steps for all your numbers, and that’s it!
Complete your Ultimate New Year’s Eve Party with:
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.