DIY Eyeball Balloons for Halloween
DIY Project and Styling by Studio DIY
Photos by Mary Costa Photography
Eye spy with my little eye… eyeball balloons for Halloween! These balloons are the perfect decoration for tying in front of your house to greet trick-or-treaters or for just about any Halloween party. In fact, why not throw an eye-scream social in their honor? With eyeballs and ice cream, how could you go wrong?
Here’s a quick tutorial on how to make your own eyeball balloons.
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- Clear shipping tape
- Black and neon paint markers
- Fishing line or ribbon
- 17” Round white balloons (standard 11” latex balloons work too)
- Inflate the balloons with helium and tie, temporarily, with ribbon or fishing line.
- I chose to turn my balloons on their side to paint the eyeballs because it gave them a true round look. Starting at the exact opposite side of the balloon’s tail, draw a black circle and fill it in with your black paint marker. Let dry.
- Now take a neon (or other color) marker and draw a larger circle around the black one and fill in with your neon color.
- To make the veins of the eyes, draw wavy lines all along the sides of the balloon. Let dry.
- Finally, use a piece of clear tape to attach the string to the “new” bottom of the balloon, so your eyeball is staring right at everyone.
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.